Monday, June 22, 2009

Stanley...


Stanley is almost, sort of, done. He still has bug pins in his cloak and some clamps in an attempt to keep the thing draped. I will have to spray the whole outfit with something to get it to stay...steam is just not doing the trick, even though the sleeves are silk. I gave him a Russian-esque hat. Still undecided about facial hair. There is a close up of his tasseled boots.
While he wanted to be a wizard, he was very fussy about his "look". Costuming these little people is clearly as difficult as making them. Almost as difficult as buying clothing for teenagers...
Speaking of which... I can remove "taxi service" from my list of responsibilities. My son, Matt, has acquired his permanent driver's license. He and his Dad when car shopping yesterday. I have suddenly gained back 3 hours of my life per day. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing now that it has come to pass, though.....sigh.
Tabitha

5 comments:

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Tabitha I think as really long pointy stiff beard would suit him!!
Well done Matt, they grow up too quickly, my eldest starts to drive in 2 months, ahhhh scary!! Mind you about time i got ferried around for a change :-) Kate

Tabitha Corsica said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Kate. As soon as I get something suitable to spray the cloak with, I will see what I can do about that beard. I think that will work out nicely.

Tabby

Sheila said...

Hey Tabitha,
I don't know of a spray but if you want to paint on some paverpol when it dries it is stiff as a board. the draping stays where you put it. Its like fabric stiffener on crack:) might take away from the natural look ya got going on, but I find it useful for lots of things:) by the way he is very Cool!!
Sheila (primdolly)

Nicky CC said...

any fabric stiffener will do the trick, failing that some extra hold hairspray doesnt discolour silk :) Hes looking alot happier !

MiniKat said...

Aqua net hair spray works well and doesn't discolor silk. A friend of mine who dresses dolls uses it. Just remember to do it in a well ventilated area though. ;-)