Tuesday, June 16, 2009

...Aahhhh!!!!....

Ok....I was going for Crone but I think it looks more like ET...or possibly Ferengi. But it's just roughed in so maybe it'll get better.
Unfortunately, it seems a little out of scale so I guess I'm going to have to really cut back on the size here. And smooth out a few of those wrinkles. Mmm...I did get a little carried away but, despite my booklet of instructions, I wasn't sure where to begin. I mean it was 1996 for Merlin's sake!
I've also decided that I really, really HATE conditioning Fimo...although once that's done I like to work with it. Can someone tell me...once it's conditioned, does it stay that way for a while? Or do you have to do it all over again each time? And is it better to mix colors before or after conditioning?

I rummaged around the storage closet and discovered Stanley....from the 1996 class. Poor thing. I never even dressed him. Never gave him eyes either. How pathetic I am. He's rather kindly looking, though. Maybe I should finish him up like a Wizard and take him to the show...

I'm leaving "ET" rest for a bit before the overhaul. I'm determined to get a hag out of this by the end of the day......I'll let you know ;o)
Tabitha

3 comments:

Judy C said...

Anyone with cool eyebrows like Stanley should have eyes.

Nicky CC said...

definitely agree :)Dolls have a way of dictating what they will become:)Go with the flow :)

Crafts From The Stash said...

Tabitha for ages all I made was heads. Considering its been such a long time since you got the clay out you are doing really well. That doll is crying out for clothes and a painted face. Go for it :O)
Debie xxxxx