Saturday, June 20, 2009

Odes and awards and what not...

OMG...I got an award! From my friend Kat. It is always my pleasure to read your blog and see what you might be up to. You inspire me as well. Thank you, Kat. It is a beautiful award!

On to Odes.....

I have an deep respect for doll makers...of all kinds. From the sculptors to the porcelain pourers to the ladies who dress these little people. I salute you all. I have taken many classes over the years. I have had teachers who spray everything with hairspray to get it to stay put and those who use some kind of product called Stiffen (which I've never been able to find) and one who only used steam from a Rowenta iron (which I immediately ran out to buy...works great on shirts, btw). I've been taught to sew, to glue, never to glue and all things in between. I've had wigging classes and shoe classes and construction classes. In the end, my things never looked as good as those of the wonderful teachers I've had. Yes, I know it takes practice but it also takes a certain amount of talent and skill. I am in awe of the things I see (well..most of them.)

Worid is complete and I am happy with him, though he is not as I originally expected. Stanley is another story. He didn't like the ..ahem..dress (under tunic) so that had to be re-done, nor was he happy with the sleeves or the robe. I almost put him back into the box he's been in for the past 13 yrs! He is now muttering something about a different hairdo....we are not making that movie. I might consider a beard and possible some sort of hat. We'll see.

Later...

Tabitha

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Congrats on your award x