Thursday, February 18, 2010

Masquerade! Paper faces on parade.....

Look around - there's another mask behind you !


I have been absent from BlogWorld for a time but it is not without good cause. This weekend is the Orlando Miniature Show and I have been working like a mad woman to get ready.

Because the Saturday Fun Day workshop this year is a Mask Shop, I decided to throw caution to the wind and make up several dozen masks, each one different. These masks are traditionally made from papier-mache' but I have used Prosculpt. Some are Animagus like the ones above.

Some are feathered, beaded and glittered with unusual features like the one below:



...... And some are full-faced like you see on my friend Rinaldi here :

I am not a dollmaker but I do enjoy dressing dolls occasionally. I thought the table display might look a little spare so I put this Venetian gentleman, on his way to Carnivale, together. He looks better in person, I think ;-). One of the reasons I don't costume dolls very often is that I do not like wigging ( just not very good at it)... but I was able to keep him bald so it was all jake.

I will also be offering my collection of wizard gizmos, tables and cabinets. If you are in Florida, this should be a great show. Come stop by and see us!

Tabitha

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Tabitha I wish you every success at the show. Your masks look wonderful. Don't forget to take your camera and take some pictures of the show and your display. xxx

Caseymini said...

Tabs, the masks are great. I hope you sell everything on your table! Love Rinaldi! Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Tabitha, impresionantes esas mascaras¡¡¡¡ Me encanta Rinaldi. xxx

Jo Raines said...

The masks are fabulous! Good luck at the show!

Jody

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Wonderful masks! I hoep you do great at the show!!

Hugs,
Marsha

Tabitha Corsica said...

Thanks everyone for your well wishes regarding the show. Glad you like the masks. They were very fun to make. I am keeping my fingers crossed about the show.

Tabs

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Your masks are beautiful! Love each and everyone of them but i really like the elephant mask and the glitzy one in the middle picture.
Hope its a great show for you!
The carnival costume is brilliant and wish i could sew and make clohtes too!
Nikki xxx