Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Where I say how easy it was...yeah...right..

Thank you all for your kind comments about the balance scales. It was a rather ambitious project for me but I wanted such a scale for my Potion Master's table and couldn't find anything out there. I had the design but the execution eluded me until my darling TG showed my how to use his circuit board soldering iron. (BIG learning curve there.....) After many burnt fingers ("you really have to use the tools, Mom..."), melted wires and frustrations....voila'!

I'm rather pleased with it and have managed to put together three....well, four, if you count the wonky one tucked back in the Apothecarie Cabinent. I simply point out that it is very old and well used....

I find it very satisfying to actually produce something that heretofore had only existed in my head, don't you?

No comments: