Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quilling Paper Pots?

Hi everyone! I am still working like madwoman on my Alice project which I PROMISE I will post pictures of soon...really....

In the meantime I have a question about a recent blog entry I read.

A week or so ago, I was scanning blogger and came across a post where the miniaturist was making plant pots out of quilling paper. I have done this before but what was different about hers was that she then coated with, I think, gesso to give them not only strength but texure. While I thought I bookmarked this interseting project, apparently I did not because now I cannot locate it again.

Does anyone follower a blogger with such project?? I know it sounds like a Casey project but I couldn't find it on her blog so I am at a loss. If anyone recalls it, could you please leave a comment?

Thanks,

Tabby

8 comments:

Merry Jingle said...

Hi,

It was Kris http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-04-27T12%3A03%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=7 :)

Tabitha Corsica said...

Ah! Thank you Miss Merry Jingle! I have followed her blog and I had a little inkling it was hers but I guess I just didn't go back far enough.

So now I have a quick project for the mini-club when my turn comes up soon!

Tabs

Jo Raines said...

Glad Ira came to the rescue. I had seen that tutorial but couldn't recall where it was and I intend to try it also. I still have quilling paper amongst all of my mountain of stuff.

Jody

Tabitha Corsica said...

Jody, I don't know why I have such a large stash of quilling paper but I do and now I can move some of it! I think it was from my "paper snowflake" ohase. Some of it still has the price tag on it ( and is unopened) from a town I haven't lived in since my almost 18 y/o son was 4! Pathetic, really.....

Tabs

Merry Jingle said...

Good that I could help, I've always wanted to try quilling, but don't have a papercutter and I haven't seen any quilling paper in stores here in Finland. And I'm way too lazy to cut it with scissors :D

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

WHat a cool tutorial, too fiddly for me! I cant wait to see your Alice project Susan! Lola has a room box and is making it a hatter hat shop, weve chosen flooring and wallpaper thats a bit zany and I already have some sewing related pieces of furniture so its her summer project, will be fun! Also Nikkis wonderful hat making tables inspired us! Dont be long showing us the pics pleaseeeeeeee!!! Kate xxx

Tallulah Belle said...

I saw that tutorial as well and it is really good.

I used to make bowls like this a looong time ago. They look really effective.

俊宏 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.