So I am calling this one "done" because sometimes you just have to...... It will become part of the Alice Project....the Hatter is pleased that at least he has someplace to park it now. :-D
While it is not exactly as I want it, I have learned a lot from the "doing" of it.
The upholstry was added because I did not like the looks of the ladderback of the chair....that worked out ok in the end, even though not planned. I am not pleased with the junctions of the trunk and branches and will work to make that transition smoother in Exhibit 2. I have some ivy that I may drape around the trunks of this one to disguise a few of the things that bother me.
I used an artist acrylic paint (in the tube) to coat the branches and that was ok but not perfect. Tallulah Belle suggested to try modeling paste which I am considering. If flexibility is not an issue, covering the wires with clay makes the best transition except I think it would be a little difficult to cover some of the thinner twigs and have them look thin. Nikki has suggested a type of thin, crimped spool wire which could hold the clay or paste better.
Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and suggestions.
I want to have a second try before I start on the "One". This time, I will make it (the chair) up as I go along rather than try to make it over an existing chair. I have a gazillion other things to do first....unfortunately...so I've made myself notes and hope I won't forget.
In the meanwhile, I'm putting all the last minute touches on the Alice Project....TG has agree to photograph tomorrow if I can get my act together by then.
And I didn't forget that bird's nest.....just have to make it....
Vacation Time..... Just a Week!
2 days ago