Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Of super bargains and super friends!

I have been such a bad, bad blogger of late. Life, in the form of costuming the HS production of The Merry Wives of Windsor, has truly gotten in the way of my "mini-ing". But I have kept up with each and every one of you and I'm incredibly awe-inspired when I see what you're up to.

Meanwhile, yesterday was a very excellent day for several reasons. In scouring the thrift shops for appropriate shoes for our characters (any idea how HARD it is to find a pair of size 13 wedgies???), I discovered this little mirror. Not mini but only about 8" around. I collect unique or unusual mirrors and this fit my criteria. I couldn't reach it to see the price and when I asked the clerk she said that is was $10 (excellent!) but because it had been around awhile, she would take $8 (even excellenter!) and then, because she noticed a few dings, she made it $5 (wow!).

When she took it down to wrap, the backing came off ; not a big deal for me, but she then said:

"mmmm....ok, this is how I'm going to handle this", and she handed me the bag and said "no charge. Hope you can fix it. Have a great day!" Whoa!! I love this little mirror!


When I got home, I found a package at the front door and inside was Mr. Scroll Pot!! (that is a pretty lame moniker...have to come of with something else..) But regardless of what he's called, he is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! The pictures simply do not do justice to Nikki's beautiful work. It is hard to believe she hasn't been sculpting all that long. He is exquisite and I am thrilled beyond words to own him.

She also included some of her fabulous wrapped scrolls. I don't know where she gets her printables for these or how she gets them so crisp and clear and readable. I am almost ashamed to put them next to my paltry attempts in Merlin's Retreat where everything had found a home.

Back to costumes for now. And thank you, Nikki for your wonderful creations!

Tabitha

6 comments:

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

I love him, isnt Nikki clever! Your mirror is fab, dont you just love those bargains! What a find. I would make something witchy coming out of it! Like a ghoslty mirror! Maybe a hand for halloween mood?!!! Kate xx

Tabitha Corsica said...

Good thought about the mirror, Kate. Now if I only had a minute to myself....

Tabs

Crafts From The Stash said...

What a wonderful find Tabitha. I was wondering who got Nikki's tree stump and scrolls. You lucky bunny xxx
Debie xxxxxxxxx

Sandy said...

What a great blog! So glad I found it.

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Hi Susan. Glad you like him.

Great find and quite spooky how it kept going down and then was free.
It would look nice dressed like a wreath for christmas.

Nikki xxx

Unknown said...

Love that mirror!!!!