Saturday, October 17, 2009

Brass "stuff" from the hardware store...

For Nikki...and anyone else who is interested. Sometimes I spend hours at the hardware store looking for things suitable for mini's.

In the Chronographoscope below, I used lamp bits and pieces for the stand. All found at my local hardware store and all solid brass. Makes for a nice sturdy stand. I have no idea what this is called or what it is really used for but I think it lends it self to something. It is metal and it comes in several sizes. This is the smallest.

This is a compression fitting for gas line hook-ups. It also comes in several sizes. This is the middle size, I think. I used it on the end of one of my large telescopes.
This is called a knurled nut. It comes in three sizes. This is the middle size. I've used these for lots of things. Again, solid brass.


So you never really know where you are going to find "stuff" for mini's. Give your neighborhood hardware store a try. Poke the pictues for a closer look.
Happy Hunting!
Tabitha

4 comments:

Caseymini said...

Thanks for the ideas Susan. I have seen some before, but not all. And some I didn't know the names. Now I do. Love the first thing-a-ma-jig. You do great work!

Crafts From The Stash said...

Thank you Tabitha, great ideas. I really like the Chronographoscope your very clever.
Debie xxx

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Love, love, love your Chronographoscope, its fantastic!

Thanks for also showing all the little bits. It's really helped me out with those telescopes. Not that i am any further with them, my ideas didnt go to plan but your help and advice has been great.

Nikki xxx

Tallulah Belle said...

Wow Tabitha....this is wonderful....I love it.